I’m no Longer Bothered by Criticism – Rukky Sanda - Naijahottesttv.com I’m no Longer Bothered by Criticism – Rukky Sanda | Naijahottesttv.com


Home » » I’m no Longer Bothered by Criticism – Rukky Sanda

I’m no Longer Bothered by Criticism – Rukky Sanda

In less than three days, Rukky Sanda's latest
film, 'Keeping My Man,' will be premiered at
The Wheatbaker Hotel in Lagos. Already the
Nollywood producer cum actress is in high
spirits.
Armed with a "catchy and unique storyline",
as she puts it, as well as a stellar cast led by
Ramsey Noah, the Banking and Finance
graduate of the Lagos State University boasts
that it is her best work so far.
"It is an awesome movie. I dare say that the
crew and the cast of the film did a very good
job. I'm sure that many people will love it.
There is a message for everybody. Ramsey is,
no doubt, the best actor in Nigeria at present.
I have a lot of respect for him. I have no
regrets starring him in the movie," she says,
in an interview with our correspondent on
Tuesday.
Regarding what inspired the movie, Sanda,
who has six movies to her credit, says the
idea to shoot the movie derived from real life
experiences.
"I attended my cousin's bridal shower and a
group of beautiful ladies were talking about
the kind of issues they deal with in their
homes. I was surprised at some of the things
they said. Immediately, I began to take note
of what they discussed. Although I had started
writing a story before the encounter, I had to
turn it into a different story entirely," she
says.
Sanda, who cut her teeth in acting in the
2004 movie titled 'Angel and the Beast', talks
about her journey to the top with much
enthusiasm. She attributes her success partly
to her background as a graduate of banking
and finance, which she says came handy in
the pursuit of her ambition.
She says, "Although I am an actress, I have
always been a business person first. In the
beginning, I was more interested in the
business part of film production. Now I'm
totally in love with the art of film making. I
like to think up good story ideas and I enjoy
writing, doing the screenplay, filming and
editing. It gives me so much joy to bring all
the characters in a script to life."
One area in which Sanda constantly makes
news headlines is her red carpet appearances,
as well as the remarks and posts on the social
media. But, as far as she is concerned, the
rumours and criticisms give her the much
needed push, to do more. Quite recently, she
caused a stir when she attended a movie
premiere in a provocative outfit and after a
picture of her pierced belly button surfaced
online. But can Sanda ever be bothered about
criticism?
"I really don't know where all that comes
from and I hardly ever see it. But I think it is
because I'm reserved. I have to be in my
comfort zone to talk about it. It is bad, but it
has helped me become the woman I am
today. I can't really complain because people
will always express their opinion about you
and judge you. Life is designed that way. So
I'm cool.
"Sometimes, people do not know what I'm
doing because I am silent about it. I don't like
to make noise about stuff like this. So when I
do anything, they start wondering what I am
up to. I guess I'll never know. I'm really anti-
social and that is why people mistake my
silence for arrogance," She says.
Although she is often criticized for her acting
skills or the lack of it, the actress-who claims
there is much more to her other than a pretty
face- says she will be around for a long time.
"I am passionate about film making. I'm sure
that I'm one of the first actresses to go into
production. Unknown to many people, I've
always been an actress and producer. I am
not looking back because I want to carve a
niche for myself and inspire other young
people. I want them to know that they can do
whatever they want and believe in. There is
nothing wrong with being pretty and making
good use of your brain and talent," she says.

  • ****Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naijahottest media THANKS****
  • 0 100000:

    Post a Comment

    TREADING THIS WEEK