WHAT A PITY!!! UNIABUJA Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike - Naijahottesttv.com WHAT A PITY!!! UNIABUJA Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike | Naijahottesttv.com


Home » » WHAT A PITY!!! UNIABUJA Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike

WHAT A PITY!!! UNIABUJA Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike

Student Attempts Suicide Over ASUU Strike
The ongoing strike of the Academic Staff
Union of Universities, ASUU took a different
turn on Saturday at the Dutse-Alhaji area of
Abuja when a female student of the University
of Abuja made to hang herself in protest of
the nearly four months old strike.The female
student identified as Jane Okoro had already
hanged herself, but fell off the ceiling while
struggling, apparently because the rope she
used was not strong enough.
Jane had sent her two younger brothers on an
errand, just a way of sending them out of the
house to be able to carry out the abominable
act, but one of the brothers returned after 15
minutes and saw her on the floor with a rope
tied round her neck while another rope
dangled from the ceiling fan. The 15 year old
boy raised the alarm, thinking that his sister
was dead, attracting neighbours and other
onlookers into their compound. However, it
was discovered by those who got there first,
that Jane was alive as it was only a suicide
attempt.
The boy, who was identified as Andrew had
told our correspondent that the sister was
behaving so strange throughout that morning.
He said, " She was to go to the market with
my mum, but said she was not feeling too
well. While we were at home with her, she
refused to talk. She was always on her
Blackberry. Shortly after she had her bath,
she sent us to First-Gate (market), but I left
some money I wanted to use to buy my
personal stuff at home, so upon return, I saw
her on the floor of our parlour. I even
thought she was dead, so I shouted."
Meanwhile, the mother who returned from
the market immediately after the news got to
her had told our correspondent in tears that,
her daughter must have attempted to commit
suicide because of the ongoing ASUU strike.
She said, I will ask her questions on why she
wanted to do this to us. She has been
complaining to me about this ASUU strike. She
said, at her age, she should have been done
with school, and begin to take care of the
children and I. Her father is late. I know that
only this week, she had complained to me up
to 6 times on how frustrating this strike has
been. I know other things may have
contributed, but ASUU strike may have
contributed the most; but for whatever
reason, it was devilish for my daughter to
have attempted suicide." She said.
Asked what she was going to do about the
situation, she said " I will take her to my
Pastor this evening. She needs prayers. We
need somebody to talk to her. God will do the
miracle for me. I didn't do anything to
anybody. I must not suffer for nothing. She is
already in her third year in school. What
would I have done if this had happened?"
Attempt to speak with Jane failed as she could
not respond to questions from our
correspondent. The only statement she
muttered was " It was a better option".
The mother had later asked our correspondent
to leave her to rest. She said " she will talk to
you after we see our Pastor. She will give the
testimony herself."
However, a female friend of Jane who had
pleaded not to be mentioned showed our
correspondent her recent conversation with
Jane on her Blackberry. She said " my last
chat with her was on this very ASUU strike.
See what she posted, " I tire for these ASUU
peopleoooo" She showed our correspondent
the chat.
Source: DailyPost
  • ****Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naijahottest media THANKS****
  • 0 100000:

    Post a Comment

    TREADING THIS WEEK