'Mourinho makes the decisions' - Mata content with bit-part Chelsea role - Naijahottesttv.com 'Mourinho makes the decisions' - Mata content with bit-part Chelsea role | Naijahottesttv.com


Home » , » 'Mourinho makes the decisions' - Mata content with bit-part Chelsea role

'Mourinho makes the decisions' - Mata content with bit-part Chelsea role

The Spaniard scored a superb goal to ensure
progress at Arsenal's expense to the last eight
of the Capital One Cup in his seventh start of
the season
Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata has suggested he
is happy with his bit-part role under Jose
Mourinho following his side's 2-0 Capital One
Cup win over Arsenal.
The Spain international was starting his seventh
game of the season, but grabbed his first goal
of the campaign midway through the second
half to seal the Blues' victory.
Cesar Azpilicueta scored a first-half opener at
the Emirates Stadium, pouncing on Carl
Jenkinson's error to extend Chelsea's winning
run over their London rivals in the Capital One
Cup to four games.
After the game, Mata insisted he remains
content with Jose Mourinho's apparent
unwillingness to utilise him regularly.
"I just try to play and enjoy my football," he
told Sky Sports.
"The manager is the one who makes the
decisions. I always try my best for this club
and today I really enjoyed it.
"I'm very proud for the fans here and at home.
It's a pleasure for me and for us to play here
with a lot of supporters and I'm really happy.
"Looking at our opponents this week,
Manchester City and Arsenal, they are two of
the best teams in Europe right now and we
beat them so we are ready to fight for titles.
"Arsenal are a team that try until the end and
create a lot of chances with the likes of [Santi]
Cazorla, [Aaron] Ramsey and [Olivier] Giroud,
so it was an important goal."
Meanwhile Azpilicueta, who claimed his first
goal in Chelsea colours, admitted he had found
himself in an unusual position after springing
forward to pounce on Jenkinson's error.
"I don't know if I am allowed that far
forward!" he quipped.
"But I felt there was a chance to score so I
arrived there. I really enjoyed scoring here in a
derby against Arsenal, it's always a pleasure to
score."
  • ****Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naijahottest media THANKS****
  • 0 100000:

    Post a Comment

    TREADING THIS WEEK