Blatter apologises to Ronaldo & Madrid - Naijahottesttv.com Blatter apologises to Ronaldo & Madrid | Naijahottesttv.com


Home » » Blatter apologises to Ronaldo & Madrid

Blatter apologises to Ronaldo & Madrid

While comparing the Portugal international to
Lionel Messi, the Swiss said "one spends more
time at the hairdresser's than the other"
Fifa president Sepp Blatter has issued a public
apology to Cristiano Ronaldo for disparaging
remarks he made about the Real Madrid star.
During a debate at Oxford University over the
respective merits of the Portugal international
and Barcelona ace Lionel Messi, Blatter joked
that "one spends more time at the
hairdresser's than the other".
Ronaldo took great offence, insinuating that
the jibe merely underlined Fifa's bias against
him and his club, but Blatter has now moved
to calm the controversy by tweeting the 28-
year-old attacker.
"I apologise if you were upset by my light-
hearted answer at private event on Friday," the
Swiss wrote to Ronaldo's official Twitter
account. "I never meant to offend you.
"I am an honorary 'socio' at Real Madrid and
explained we've many talented players in world
game, including you. Best wishes."
Blatter also addressed an open letter to Real
Madrid president Florentino Perez to apologise
for any offence caused.
He said: "Dear President, I have received your
letter today, the contents of which surprised
me.
"I want to clarify that for me Cristiano
Ronaldo is at the same level as Messi and they
are both outstanding players, each in their
own way.
"I'm sorry that this situation produced in a
university event hurt as much as it did, and I
apologise for it.
"It was never my intention to embarrass or
disrespect Real Madrid or one of their players
or the fans, not only for being the founder of
the Fifa club but also for being the club that I
follow and admire from my youth."
Barcelona forward Messi has pipped Ronaldo
to the last four Fifa Ballon d'Or awards.
  • ****Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naijahottest media THANKS****
  • 0 100000:

    Post a Comment

    TREADING THIS WEEK