Official: Manchester United sign Fellaini from Everton - Naijahottesttv.com Official: Manchester United sign Fellaini from Everton | Naijahottesttv.com


Home » , , » Official: Manchester United sign Fellaini from Everton

Official: Manchester United sign Fellaini from Everton

The reigning Premier League champions have
made their first significant purchase of the
window, bringing the 25-year-old midfielder to
the club after agreeing a £27.5 million fee
By Greg Stobart
Manchester United have completed the signing
of Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini on a
long-term deal, both clubs have confirmed.
The Belgian heads to Old Trafford for a fee of
£27.5 million, where he is reunited with
former manager David Moyes.
Goal understands that the deal was verbally
agreed on Monday morning but United were
made to wait on movements from the Toffees
to bring in replacements.
David Moyes commented: "I have worked with
Marouane for five years and I’m delighted he
has decided to join Manchester United. He is a
player with great ability and strength and I
think he will make a real difference to our
squad."
Fellaini submitted a transfer request in the
evening to waive any loyalty-bonus payment in
order to ease the move and now, with Wigan's
James McCarthy and Manchester City's Gareth
Barry also confirmed at Goodison Park, the
transfer has been pushed through.
Speaking to the club's official website, Fellaini
added: "I am thrilled to sign for Manchester
United. I have known the manager for many
years now and I have a lot of respect for his
way of working.
"When I was given the opportunity to work
with him again, I jumped at the chance. I had a
fantastic time at Everton and I’d like to thank
all the fans and staff there for everything they
have done for me.
"But being a Manchester United player is
something that every player dreams of and I
believe that I can make a real contribution to
the team’s efforts to win trophies in the
future."
United had also hoped to sign Leighton Baines
from Moyes's former club but the Toffees
rebuffed their advances throughout the
summer, with the Premier League champions
never meeting their £20m valuation of the
left-back.
The Red Devils' other midfield target on
deadline day, Athletic Bilbao's Ander Herrera,
did not make the move, however, as United
failed to meet the Basque's release clause.

  • ****Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naijahottest media THANKS****
  • 0 100000:

    Post a Comment

    TREADING THIS WEEK