'I'm not the saviour' - Ribery - Naijahottesttv.com 'I'm not the saviour' - Ribery | Naijahottesttv.com


Home » , » 'I'm not the saviour' - Ribery

'I'm not the saviour' - Ribery

The 30-year-old winger netted a brace as
France twice came from behind against Belarus
but has played down his exploits for les Bleus
France winger Franck Ribery has denied that
he is Les Bleus saviour following his match-
winning performance against Belarus on
Tuesday.
The 30-year-old netted a double as Didier
Deschamps' side twice came from behind,
eventually winning 4-2 against their Group I
rivals.
"I'm not the saviour," Ribery told reporters.
"I scored at the right time, when France
needed me to score. We're happy to have put
in a great second half.
"We'd not scored for a while and we were
strong mentally. After going 2-1 behind we
were fortunate enough to equalise quickly."
The Bayern Munich star, who recently won
Uefa's Best Player in Europe award, was an
injury concern before the game, but he says he
always felt he would take part in the contest.
"Some other players might not have given it a
go with the injury I was carrying but I like to
contribute what I can," he added.
"The physio did a great job and I knew from
the eve of the game that it would be okay."
Deschamps, meanwhile, lauded Ribery's
performance in a difficult game for his side.
"We've got a great player in Franck Ribery and
he confirmed that here," he added.
"It was tough and we didn't have many
chances in the first half. We scored early in
the second and were in the midst of a good
spell when we conceded a second goal that
hurt us.
"We were 2-1 down in the 57th minute and a
long way away from our objective. We scored
four goals and that's something France have
not done since 2009.
"The importance of getting a result had made
us tense but we were much better in the
second half in all departments of the game."

  • ****Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naijahottest media THANKS****
  • 0 100000:

    Post a Comment

    TREADING THIS WEEK