Ronaldo: This is a great moment in my career - Naijahottesttv.com Ronaldo: This is a great moment in my career | Naijahottesttv.com


Home » , » Ronaldo: This is a great moment in my career

Ronaldo: This is a great moment in my career

The Portuguese scored one and assisted
another against Juventus and expressed his joy
as Real Madrid moved to within a point of the
knock-out stages
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo is
elated with life at the club after his record-
equalling performance during the 2-2 draw at
Juventus in the Champions League on Tuesday.
The Portuguese forward scored one and
assisted another for the visitors, with his goal
marking his eighth in the group stage this
campaign, equalling the mark previously set by
Ruud van Nistelrooy (2004-05), Hernan Crespo
and Filippo Inzaghi (both 2002-03).
And though Ronaldo attempted to play down
his record-breaking form - which saw him
leapfrog Barcelona star Lionel Messi for the
record of Champions League goals scored in a
calendar year - he could not hide his joy at the
Blancos' display.
"I'm so happy. This is a great moment for my
career. I feel so loved and always try to do my
best," he began to Sky Sport. "I'm not worried
about the records. They come naturally. Its
positive, but I want to win more and to be
better in the future.
"We knew the difficulty against Juventus. In
the first half we suffered, [but] in the second
half we were redeemed. We reacted so well, we
hit the post and we were better.
"As I said, we're still improving. In my opinion,
we could be better. We want to be better, but
we'll do it step by step."
Madrid sit first in Group B on 10 points, and
need only one point from their remaining two
games to qualify as group winners, but
Juventus' situation is far from certain, as they
sit bottom of the group on 3 points, one
behind Galatasaray and Copenhagen.
And though Ronaldo was eager for his side to
wrap up a spot in the knock-out stages, he
maintained that they could be joined in the last
16 by Juve, who he felt were strong enough to
finish second.
"For us it is a good point, very important for
the leadership in the group. We are ready for
qualification to the knock-out stages, although
it's still not arithmetically certain," he
continued.
"I think that [Juventus] play very competitively
and strongly. They're not qualified, but I think
that they will end up second in the group."
Ronaldo also refused to be drawn into
questions about Fifa president Sepp Blatter,
who he criticised for apparently mocking the
Portuguese and praising Barcelona's Lionel
Messi in the same breath.
"Blatter? I only give my answers on the pitch
not outside of it. All I can say is that I feel
great at the moment."
  • ****Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Naijahottest media THANKS****
  • 0 100000:

    Post a Comment

    TREADING THIS WEEK